Saturday, April 18, 2009

Wedding and Thank You Card

This wedding card took me ALL day. LOL! Well....maybe not all day, but it took me a long time. I made 8 of these. I only need 4 for a swap, but I thought they turned out really pretty. I cut 3 different sized squares, rounded the top corners, and embossed them with swiss dots. Then I used a sponge to "color" them with a light pink. I used my border punch to make the "lace". It was tedious....but I really like the way they turned out. I stamped a simple "congratulations" on the inside of the card in the same pale pink color.


The thank you card is for my friend Nicole who gave me my birthday present today! A hobby lobby gift card. And ya know what I'm gonna get? That giant paper storage thing I had my eye on the other day. Yes...I know....I already have one....but its overflowing and I need another one!!! I used the chocolate box paper and my handy cuttlebug to emboss it. It's very simple, but I love it. I used distressed ink around the edges. Nicole will be impressed. LOL.


I finished a few other layouts today and the photo cubes- I will try and post those pics later. My creativity room is a disaster so I need to call it a night and start cleaning up.

No comments:

Post a Comment