Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cards

Today was the LMNOP monthly crop. I stayed the entire 13 hours!!!! It is sooooo time for me to go to bed but I wanted to post this before it slipped my mind. I had a great day of socializing and finished a small amount of scrapbooking. I had a goal to complete 4 sets of cards, an 8x8 album and 2 recipe boxes. Normally I am super speedy and that is not unrealistic.....today I finished 2 sets of cards and that is it. LOL! Oh well....it was a great day.

This card is for the theme Red, Black, and White. My Aunt Cheryl recently had to put her dog down so I wanted to make her a card and just decided to incorporate it into this theme.


The next card was based on a sketch and inspired by my Aunt Sharon. On my 21st birthday she made me this sun.

On the back there is a message that says May the Sun Always Shine on You. I always loved that she wrote that and since we lost her to cancer in May she has been on my mind alot and I have been missing her. So I used the sketch challenge to make a card with the same greeting on it.

Here is the sketch


and here is my card



So it took me 13 hours to get those two cards done....HA-HA. Not really. I did make 9 of each card but still....that wasn't much production for the day. I still have 2 sets of cards I need to finish for the swap before next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment