Saturday, May 29, 2010

Quilt Card



I found this idea off another blog and thought it looked so cute I had to make my own.

For this card I cut 12 squares with my 1 1/4 square punch. I adhered them to 5x5 white card stock. I then ran them thru my cuttlebug with the Sizzix Top Note die cut ( I borrowed it from a friend but after this card I MUST have my own!). I inked the edges and then ran it back thru the cuttlebug with the swiss dots folder. In hindsight I should have inked last because I ended up getting ink on the embossing folder. LOL. Then I adhered the "quilt" to the card. I added a quote stamp from CTMH and the flowers.

I made 12 of the quilts (messed up 2 of them because I didn't have them sitting right on the top note die cut) , 10 cards and it took me about 4 hours. LOL. Granted- there was alot of talking and alot of eating in the middle, I was at a crop afterall. But I think the end result was totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment