Sunday, July 25, 2010

4 day retreat

I am home from a relaxing 4 day retreat weekend. The retreat was fun. Low key, relaxing (I had several naps), and productive. I finished all of my August card swaps, 2 mini-albums, a gift for Grandma, and a few layouts.
For the LMNOP card swaps I participated in 3 categories. This card is for the Circle Element Swap. We had to incorporate a circle into our card. I figured the best way to do that was just to make the card a circle. I discovered I am not a very good circle cutter so these cards took awhile. Also- thanks to Nicole I discovered I could have been getting more circles out of each piece of paper....oh well. Live and Learn. LOL.

The next card is for the Paper Technique Swap. For this card I used embossing, sanding and tearing. LOVE coordinations paper and so glad I found it in my bag and had the idea to use it for these cards. The inside stamp says thru happy times and sad.


For the last card I made you were supposed to use this picture as inspiration.

I looked at this picture and thought what in the heck am I gonna do with this. WAY outside of my box. But this is what I came up with and while I would never have put this together on my own- I actually like how they turned out.


I have a 12 hour crop coming up on Saturday so I need to unpack and repack my bag for next weekend! We just got a new puppy today so there should be no shortage on pictures to scrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment